Thursday, October 24, 2013

How I Will Tame the Snake in the Garden

This morning Bella and I hit the beach running. We appraised the newest dawn and found it good. I wrote my daily letter before we walked and then ate when we came home. I was writing by 8:30 and I wrote for two hours. That is how I will tame technology and make it mine! I didn't start up the internet until my work was done. And it was easy to keep it at bay.

I am happy with work on Bright Angel. I will be sending it out this weekend to my second set of readers. Then, after I've made any changes deemed necessary I will start the fun process of sending it out. When it is OUT I will start my revision of The Rock Walker. I'm not inspired to think of True - it might need more time in a drawer or it might be let go altogether. At any rate, I'm not there yet. Also I need to spend some time on my frippery  - Lost and Gone Forever, the true story of Darling Clementine - the play I'm writing.

The sis of my sweet patootie arrives tomorrow. She has recently had a book published - Dear Everybody - it is a wonderful true story of a woman who came here to North West River in the thirties, from Park Avenue, and married a trapper. Here is the Amazon link  This is a great read - I loved it to bits and she's been getting wonderful press. She's going to be signing and selling in Goose Bay on Saturday at their annual craft market. I'm going to help her set up and hopefully meet local folks that I haven't yet.









Feels good to be back in the saddle again. How do you keep your discipline in the storm of life?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan - What a great idea to focus on writing before you even worry about what's going on online. And it sounds as though you're settling into a routine that's in harmony with where you are. I like it.

Liza said...

Glad you are getting some good writing accomplished! It's hard to focus, but doable if you have the "write" priorities. Clearly, you do.

Anonymous said...


gone forever?
Now my curiosity is peaked - when I think of the song the only thong it conjures up for me is Huckleberry Hound!

Anonymous said...


gone forever?
Now my curiosity is peaked - when I think of the song the only thong it conjures up for me is Huckleberry Hound!