Monday, August 24, 2015

Holy Dinah! I wrote an empty post...

How did this happen? I wrote a post headline with no body in the text box. Well, let me explain - sometimes the only way I can see my list of posts to edit is to pretend I'm putting in a new one. So I just fire up a fake post title and put it to post weeks down the line - hoping I will come back and fill it out or delete it. Well, we know what I did don't we? Why? Because for the last month I've been completely absorbed in a program - when not working (which has been intense all on its own) I've been taking a drawing course. When I wasn't working or drawing, I was meditating. When I wasn't working, drawing or meditating, I was sleeping, eating, bathing, or ahem, or likely, watching Nashville. I took a revision break as my mentor-editor was doing so. As of today I will be back in the saddle with lots of ideas and energy. Okay... maybe not so many ideas and perhaps my energy is a bit low - but still. I'm back. I'm not entirely sure I can revise in the morning like I was doing (up at 5:30 to revise for an hour and a half) because I'm having some health problems that are causing me to sleep poorly. I still get up but it is pretty uninspired wakefulness if you get me.
My plan is to work for at least an hour a day with a bit more on the weekends. I have that early September feeling so should be able to do this. My drawing habit is well-established and that takes me at least a half-hour a day. Meditation is between 40 minutes and 60 right now. I can do my drawing here at work on lunch-time. I will have to do this as I do have a deadline with my mentor-editor that is coming up. I'm inspired - or maybe I'm faking it until I am. Yes, that.

Next topic - home sickness.
Oh, here is a visitor to the land program I was on for 7 days ... Yep, and he was a very big fella. So big and so persistent that we all came back to base camp. gah.

4 comments:

Sue said...

"uninspired wakefulness" I know it well - I hope it evaporates very soon and you're left with sleep which revives you fully and leaves you stimulated and alert! Get well quickly Jan!

cheers

Sue

PS I'd rather have our assorted killer species than bears!!

Anonymous said...

I've had that sort of insomnia happen to me, too, Jan. Hope you get through it soon. I like your idea of breaking your task down into what you'll work on each day. I think that eases anxieties. Oh, and I do love that 'photo!

Jan Morrison said...

Hi you two dearbones! Yes, it isn't insomnia this time, although I do have that from time to time. I'm having bad arthritis symptoms and it causes me to sleep very fitfully. Can't work out the medication here as there is no doctor available. gah. Not that I don't love universal health care - it is just the truth in remote areas that it is hard to get a doc. complain complain...
brought my ms to work today - so will revise in my lunch hour - I can sketch while hanging with Ron and the pooch.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I remember that post and felt disappointed when there was nothing there as it sounded interesting. So that's how it happened!